Learning To Thrive
Our heart goes out to those who are suffering as a result of COVID-19. We know the impact this is having on many lives is more than just an inconvenience. Many are sick, facing the loss of a loved one, or have lost their job or are at risk of losing their job in the near future.
We have students, instructors, and alumni from around the world facing many of these same challenges and are living in areas that have been greatly impacted by COVID-19. On behalf of the community here at Code Fellows, we hope that you and your family are safe and healthy.
We believe that now is a time to find ways to reinvent yourself, explore new learning opportunities, develop new norms, pursue a more stable career and use this opportunity to discover ways to thrive.
Much of the news today is about learning to survive in this time of uncertainty, but we believe now, more than ever is a time to discover ways to thrive now and in the future. Software development is at the center of the skills that are needed as we all consider ways to work remotely. No matter the industry you are in, software development skills make it possible to work from anywhere.
At Code Fellows, we are passionate about helping individuals transform their lives through education. We believe that it is critical to learn the skills that allow you to pursue your passion while also providing for you financially. Being able to work remotely, means you not only have the ability to endure tough times like the ones we are facing now but also live where you want, work where you want, and live the life that you want.
Immersive Education Remote and Online — Making It Possible
We are now offering all of our courses online for individuals to learn from the comfort and safety of their own homes. This also means that more individuals have access to the kind of education that can lead to a rewarding and fulfilling career. Our new online experience is only adding to the quality of education through the tools we use and the access that it provides, while ensuring the same immersive education with an interactive learning environment, a 1:6 teacher to student ratio and real-time, interactive instruction from professional instructors.
This new online platform has the following features:
- Attend class from anywhere-whether from the comfort of your home, private office, cabin in the woods, etc. If you have an internet connection you are all set to join.
- Whiteboarding with collaborative annotations
- Polls for tracking progress
- Learn from expert instructors over an interactive real-time video feed
- No pre-recorded videos or boring slide decks!
- Receive real-time feedback on projects and assignments
- Collaborate and interact with fellow students in virtual breakout groups
- Interactive lab time hosted by instructional staff in small group settings
- Develop a truly global network of like-minded individuals
- Daily attendance and feedback on assignments for the same accountability of in-person classes
Remote live instruction is at the forefront of our mission to empower individuals from all backgrounds to transform their lives through a world-class curriculum and education.
Unlike other online options, we ensure you have the same high level of live personal instruction from professional, full-time instructors. In addition, each of our courses have product owners who work with experts in the industry from companies like Amazon, Microsoft, and more to ensure we are hitting the demands of the ever-changing tech market. No other school or curriculum provider has as much rigor, dedication, or investment in curriculum, which means you can know your education with Code Fellows will be the best there is.
There’s never been a better time to learn new skills that will translate directly into a new career-in a field that is supportive of working remotely. Take this opportunity you have to learn new skills that allow you to work remotely, discover new industries, and thrive now and into the future!!
New Courses Available
Finding yourself suddenly out of work and facing the uncertainty of job interviews and skill tests and code challenges is additional stress no one needs right now. To help, Code Fellows is offering a number of short-form intensive courses designed to help you get back to work as quickly as possible while revealing the secrets of a proven job search strategy and leveling up your CS skills.
Make the most of the time at home, and boost your career with the right one of these synchronous live classes that align with your dreams.
- Land a Job in Tech — Career Coaching The job market is still bright for software developers and tech workers! We are here to help with your transition into this industry, or land your next big opportunity. Live lecture, deep feedback, and take-home assignments give you all you need to follow the proven job-landing framework utilized by over 1000 Code Fellows grads. You will discover how to build your personal brand, how to actually network, and what interpersonal skills really matter.
- Data Visualization with Python Explore raw data sets and use code to make sense of it. Learn to ask and answer the key questions, with the amazing array of tools Python puts at your fingertips, like Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Altari, and Scikit-Learn. By the end, you’ll produce your own portfolio-worthy project showcasing your dataviz skills!
- Intro to Data Structures and Algorithms Learn (or refresh) the core data structures used in software development-and many whiteboard interviews. Build data structures from scratch to understand them inside and out. Practice whiteboard questions with peers and in a mock interview with your instructor!
- Master Data Structures and Algorithms If you already have basic familiarity with Data Structures and Algorithms and are looking for the next level, this course will train you with the advanced CS concepts found in senior-level software developer interviews and in coding-at-scale in larger tech companies like Google, Amazon, and Facebook.
- Just getting started? Begin with Code 101, now available as an afternoon class during the week!
Scholarships are Available
Whether you are a graduate of a Bootcamp that didn’t give you the proper training, a college grad with too much theory and not enough practice, or are recently laid off or underemployed, we can help. Below is a list of scholarships we currently have available to help:
- COVID-19 Scholarship Covers 50% of the cost of any course for new students enrolling after March 17th who has lost employment due to COVID-19.
- Diversity Scholarship Individuals that come from underserved backgrounds that are not well represented in the tech industry.
- Career Changer Individuals looking to change their careers and join the tech industry.
- Underemployed Individuals who are underemployed and making less than $35k a year.
- Recent Graduate College graduates who have graduated within the prior 24 months and want to find a more rewarding career path.
- Pay it Forward Individuals who can show how they are already making a difference in their community, whether through serving, investing or leading to bring about positive change.
- Transfer Student Individuals looking to transfer from a university, college, Bootcamp, or other educational institution.
*Schedule a call with our Admissions Team today to learn more about the COVID-19 Scholarship or any others! Ultimately, we hope that during this time of prioritizing health and community safety, you are able to not just survive, but thrive by embracing the changing times and preparing for all that is ahead by leveling up your skills.
Originally published at https://www.codefellows.org.